Policy for Safeguarding Children & Adults when they are Vulnerable - 2019
Parish of St John's Lemsford in the Church of England Diocese of St Albans
This Policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council meeting held on the 25th November 2019
- We are committed to implementing a safeguarding policy for children and adults when they are vulnerable accepting the Church of England Policies respectively on Protecting All God's Children (4th Edition 2010) and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Promoting a Safe Church 2006), and be responsive to local parish requirements.
- The highest standards will be maintained in all the Church's contacts with children and young people and adult volunteers will be given appropriate support and opportunities for training.
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that all adults should be offered respect and given inclusion and empowerment within the church.
- We will review and endorse all safeguarding policies annually so that all members are aware of their responsibilities.
- We will carefully select those working with vulnerable groups and these workers will be given appropriate support and opportunities for training.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made that a child, young person or vulnerable adult for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult who has suffered abuse.
- This Parish will co-operate fully with the statutory organisations in every situation and will not conduct its own investigations.
- We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have offended in a manner which could affect children or adults who are vulnerable.
- The PCC acknowledges its responsibility for all work with vulnerable people done in the name of the church and require all those engaged in such work to be properly appointed and supported in accordance with the Church of England Practice Guidance: Safer Recruitment (July 2016).
We have appointed as our Parish Safeguarding Officers:
Ian Douglas Email: safeguarding1
Mrs Jo Brooks Email: safeguarding2
Signed: P E Seymour (incumbent)
N A Johnson (churchwarden)
Please contact Ian or Jo by using the above links or by sending them a message by using the form whih you will find at the bottom of the Who's who and Contacts page.
Promoting a safer church